Sebastien, our sponsored child

Sebastien, our sponsored child
Sebastien is a tiny eight year old!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

First fundraising goal...



So, I have decided that my first fundraising goal will be for the passports that Rachel and I will need to get into Haiti.  Rachel has never been out of the country, and I only once.  But that was in 1999, for my honeymoon, to Mexico.  Joe and I didn't even need a passport then.  Boy, how things have changed post-9/11/01!  In fact, it's the last time I flew on an airplane, but more about that phobia in a later post  :-(

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fees/fees_837.html

As far as I can make out, it will cost $165.00 per person.  I am making little crafts to sell at local craft fairs, not that I am a great crafter BY ANY MEANS, but I am trying to deflect the cost of this trip in any way that I can.  So, I am going to start with one goal at a time.

If anyone knows of local craft fairs in St. Mary's County, let me know ASAP!  I am planning on also "using" my table to promote information about Haiti, especially our destination-  God's Littlest Angels.

http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/

And I am hoping to involve my little kids in the process as well.  They already really, really enjoy sponsoring Sebastien from the orphanage!



Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment