Sebastien, our sponsored child

Sebastien, our sponsored child
Sebastien is a tiny eight year old!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

If You Could Only Imagine...

...being born into a world where you collect drinking water from the same place raw sewage collects.


And your parents scavenge for food from the city dump...


 ...to find old bones that will serve as a protein source.


Going to the grocery store isn't an option in your world, so your family waits for the dump truck to unload its goods. 


You are land-locked, born into a virtual prison.  And even with 316,000 of your fellow citizens gone in a devestating earthquake, your country is still desperately overpopulated.

But it's not your fault.

You are a victim of circumstance.

And it just as easily could have been me, or my children.

I recently asked a Haitian colleague on mine "is there hope for Haiti?"  And after a long pause, he said "yes, I believe there is". 

I believe so, too.

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment